Homemade Avocado Pesto (Addictive, Healthy and Oh So Good)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ grated Parmesan
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- water as needed
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the avocado flesh, basil, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, add the water, 1 tablespoon at time, until until you reach your desired thickness.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Use immediately or transfer into a jar and cover with a little oil so it doesn’t dry up.