Carrot juice doesn’t just provide you with some great brain and skin benefits, it’s also an incredibly refreshing drink as well with its own natural sweetness. Here’s how you can make your own homemade carrot juice with just your blender.
How to Make Blender Carrot Juice
- Prepare the ingredients. This carrot juice can be done in no time at all, especially if you peel and chop these ingredients in advance. You have your carrots, lemon and fresh ginger.
- Blend. Add the carrots, lemon, ginger, and water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain. Use a layered cheesecloth and place it over top of a bowl. Pour the juice mixture from the blender into the bowl, straining it through the cheesecloth. This is very important as the fibers are not something you want to be picking out of your teeth later on.
- Squeeze out remains. Pick up the sides of the cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice into the bowl. Get every last drop out!
- Serve. Serve the carrot juice immediately, or over ice if you want it extra chilled.
Carrot Juice Benefits for Brain Health
Here are 2 great ways that this homemade carrot juice can benefit your brain health:
- Improved memory – Carrots contain a compound known as luteolin, which has demonstrated an ability to reduce age-related memory issues. Luteolin may also help with relieving inflammation in the brain. (1)
- Antioxidants for your brain – The beta-carotene in carrots can actually help to relieve oxidative stress in the brain, which in turn can then lead to improved neuron function. (2)
Carrot Juice Benefits for Youthful Skin
Beyond just boosting your brain power, this carrot juice also provides a couple of great benefits for your skin health:
- Boost your collagen production – Carrots are rich in vitamin C, which is needed by the body in order to produce collagen. As your body produces more collagen on its own, your skin health will naturally improve as a most welcome side effect. (3)
- Healthy, glowing skin – The same beta-carotene in carrots that protects your brain and improves your eyesight is also responsible for giving carrots their orange glow. Carrot juice can actually help to give your skin that same, healthy glow.
How Long Does Carrot Juice Keep in the Refrigerator?
When properly stored in the fridge, most homemade carrot juices, including this one, will last for up to 48 hours.
Watch out for separation, which is normal for a juice of this type. Simply stir or shake everything together and it’s ready to drink again.
I Don’t Have a Cheesecloth, What Can I Use Instead?
If you don’t have a cheesecloth, you’ll still be able to make this carrot juice. You’ll just have to get a little bit creative with your substitutes.
Here are a few things that you can use in a pinch as a cheesecloth replacement:
- Paper towel
- Coffee filter
- Linen cloth
(You may also like: Detoxifying Ginger and Carrot Soup)
Easy Blender Carrot Juice for Brain Health and Youthful Skin
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ lemon, peeled and chopped
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 ½ cups water
- ice cubes (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a layered cheesecloth over bowl and slowly pour juice into bowl from blender.
- Pick up the sides of cheesecloth and squeeze out the juice.
- Serve immediately, over ice if desired.